There's an opening for a qualified magazine designer at a new science magazine with a strong vision called Seed Magazine. It's based in New York City, and they are looking for a talented inidvidual to work as a freelance print designermust have strong previous experience in magazine design. If you think you have the chops, an interest in science, with a sprinkling of global consciousness... then continue on reading this post for a full job description.
FREELANCE DESIGNER, SEED
We are seeking an accomplished designer with a strong sense of typography, a high degree of proficiency in magazine design, and a strong and diverse portfolio for a part time position.
- Assisting the Deputy Art Director with design and coordination of all materials.
- Working closely with editorial department to develop visual treatments.
The ideal candidate must have:
- A strong understanding of publication design, scheduling, and print production.
- The ability to work creatively and in a timely and organized fashion under deadline pressure.
- A bachelor's degree, or equivalent, with an emphasis on design.
- An intimate working knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator in a Mac OS X environment.
- An interest in science.
Please forward cover letter and resume to:
hr [at] seedmediagroup [dot] com
Seed chronicles the ideas, issues and people shaping global science culture. Recently named "the magazine that best defines the cultural zeitgeist" (Media Post) and the recipient of the 2006 Independent Press Award for Best Science/Technology Coverage, Seed has attracted critical acclaim and a fast-growing readership with its intelligent, insightful and international point-of-view.